Search Planet Benfica



JornalBenfica.com

Liga 2014/15

Team Pld Pts
Braga 1 3
Belenenses 1 3
Guimarães 1 3
Benfica 1 3
FC Porto 1 3

view full table »

Poll

Which areas do Benfica need to strenghten?



Goalkeepers

Defenders

Midfielders

Wingers

Forwards



Random photos



RSS Feeds


rss1.0
rss2.0
rdf


Feedburner






Other Stadia

ESTÁDIO DA LUZ (1954-2003)
Name: Estadio da Luz (Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica)
Inauguration: 1 December 1954
First match: Benfica - Porto 1-0 (01.12.1954)
Last match: Benfica - Santa Clara 1-0 (22.03.2003)
Club: SL Benfica
Capacity: 50,000-125,000
Address: Avenida Norton de Matos 1500 Lisboa
Architect: João Simões

The old stadium of light was first opened in December 1954 and in its lifetime oversaw some of the greatest moments in the clubs history. It boasted 40 years of success as Benfica roared to 23 titles before they brought home 2 European cups following victories over Real Madrid 5-3 and Barcelona 3-2 in the early 1960's.

Estádio da Luz in its many formats


Luz in 1954

Prior to moving to the Estádio Da Luz in 1954 (above), Benfica played in a variety of different venues. Since the club was founded in 1904, Benfica has played in a total of 8 stadiums.

1. TERRA DO DESEMBARGADOR:
On this ground, Benfica played their very first game on the 1st January 1905, a 0-1 defeat to Grupo Campo Ourique. They played in this venue for 2 years until 1907.
2. CAMPO DA FEITEIRA:
Opened on the 14th of July 1907, it was Benfica's home until 31st of December 1911 and a capacity of around 8,000 people.
3. CAMPO DE SETE RIOS:
This venue was inaugurated on the 1st January 1913 and remained in the clubs possession until 31st December 1917. This was the ground to have stands and it held around 10,000 spectators.
4. CAMPO DO BENFICA:
This ground played host to the very first game in Portugal to be played at night. Benfica played here from the 11th November 1917 until 1926. It held around 10,000 spectators.
5. CAMPO DAS AMOREIRAS:
Inaugurated on the 13th December 1925, it belonged to Benfica until the end of 1940.This stadium had a capacity of 15,000 people.
6. CAMPO GRANDE:
Opened on the 5th Oct. 1941 and stayed in the club's possession until the 1970's despite Benfica relocating to the Estádio Da Luz in 1954. This was Benfica's biggest stadium yet, holding around 25,000 spectators.



- Cloud Tag -
domestic competitions   game planet   strikers   club directors   pedro silva   david suazo   roy keane   maradona   romeu   assistant referees   maximum concentration   portuguese league   5th anniversary   apologised   calibre   
[more tags]